Monday, August 12, 2013

1 Week Left


In just one week I will be in New York for YAV orientation. This summer has been filled with excitement as I finished up my fourth year on staff at Burnamwood Camp & Conference Center. Being the summer director  was a challenging endeavor, one that I feel has prepared me for the upcoming year. Working with a church camp I get to spend time with some of the greatest people in the world. That sure doesn't mean that it isn't a challenge.
The time spent in LA will be challenge as well. A different challenge of sorts. God has been with me through my experiences in KY and will continue as I go through this experience.

Let's talk a bit about orientation. A week long to-do that looks like it will be similar to staff training at camp. Up at 8am every single day and activities until 8pm every single night. It will be an exhausting experience to say the least. Activities include worship, small groups, bible study, violence prevention, etc. I'm really looking forward to it, but am definitely nervous.

After orientation we will be flying to LA. There we will spend a week acclimating to the culture, living space, and living community. Considering I've never met any of the people I'll be living with before, it will be an exciting experience. If I remember correctly, the following Monday will be my first day at the Lord's Lighthouse (check my previous post for more info).

So I've a got a week to try and fit all my things into my suitcase, say goodbye to all my friends, and say hello to another world. It will be an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment