Friday, November 29, 2013

November 29, 2013 - Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving

I've got to admit that having Thanksgiving without my family was weird. There were no pierogies. There was no gummy bear Trouble. There was something else. Something different that I hadn't fully experienced before. None of us YAVs left for Thanksgiving. None of our families came to visit us. So what did we do?

We decided that we would open up the community house for our Thanksgiving meal. We would provide a turkey and a few side dishes, while asking neighbors to bring other sides to complete our meal. Surprisingly the only thing we had multiple dishes of was apple pie. And believe it or not they were both brought by Nathan. The food worked out. The seating worked out. The day worked out.

Nathan carving the turkey!


I'm so thankful for this new family here in Hollywood, the opportunity to be here, as well as all of my friends and family at home.

-John

No comments:

Post a Comment