Friday, January 31, 2014

January 31, 2014 - Dweller Retreat and Winter Shelter update

Dweller Retreat and Winter Shelter update

The winter shelter is almost halfway through. We consistently have about 20 guests and I can see changes in those guests in the short time they have been here. I'm planning to share a story once the shelter has ended, but until that time I'll keep you in suspense.

But hey! One of the DOOR retreats was this past weekend. We took the 5+ hour trek to the tiny town of Copperopolis, CA. It's about two hours east of San Francisco, surrounding Lake Tulloch.

This retreat was planned entirely by us. We spent the first day simply traveling and exploring the area surrounding Copperopolis. Jamestown, one of the million California Gold Rush towns, was our first stop. Really quaint, but on a Thursday evening practically empty.

The second day was my favorite. Two hours east of Copperopolis is Yosemite. On the drive in you go through this long tunnel. Once you emerge, the view is absolutely spectacular.



We did a few hikes, took some photos, stood in the snow, ate too many chips, and got to explore such a different part of California.





Day 3 was spent in San Francisco. Ghiradelli Square, Lombard St, the Golden Gate Bridge, and other places were seen. Tons of fun.


It was a spectacular retreat; one that I'll remember for the rest of my life. Being out and about throughout California, we got to see God's creation in a different form. I am so thankful for all the support. I'll keep you updated.

-John

No comments:

Post a Comment